Despite being one of the most important systems to keep in working order, our hot water systems are often one of the most neglected pieces of plumbing equipment we own.
Servicing of your hot water system may feel like an added expense at the time, but regular servicing will add years of life to your hot water system, saving you in the long run. Failure to do so can result in an inefficiently running unit, tank failure and can sometimes result in your electricity bill spiking.
To ensure your system continues running smoothly, the following maintenance performed by a Licensed Plumber is recommended:
Hot Water System maintenance (every six months):
- Operate the Cold Water Expansion valve
- Operate the Pressure and Temperature Relief valve
- Check the operation of the Isolator valve
Hot Water System maintenance (every five years):
- Replace pressure and temperature relief valve
- Renew the sacrificial anode
- Check isolator valve
- Check tempering valve
- Check element and thermostat for correct operation
It is also important to keep an eye on these signs that could potentially indicate your hot water system is requiring a service or replacement, outside of the recommended scheduled maintenance:
- Inconsistent or no hot water coming out of your taps
- Water that is rusty or has sediment in it
- Hot water system making irregular noises
- Water pressure inconsistencies
- Hot water not lasting long before running out
- Water leaking from the hot water system
If it’s been a while since you last had a professional perform maintenance on your hot water system, it might be time to give the friendly team at Newman & Barker Plumbing a call on 02 4625 5409. Our fully certified and licensed team service residential and commercial clients across Campbelltown, Camden and Wollondilly.